Prime Contractor Prequalification Applications
Prequalification is not necessary to do subcontract work.
- Prequalification Application - Long Form
- Prequalification Application - Short Form (To open, right click and save to your computer. Then, open it with Adobe Reader.)
- Joint Venture Prequalification Application
Steps for submitting the applications
- Fill the form out (online or print)
- Print Application (if filled out online)
- Sign AND notarize the Affidavit and last 2 pages of application (SCDOT only takes original signatures)
- Gather any needed attachments
- Mail to:
- Director of Construction, Room 332
- 955 Park Street
- Columbia, SC 29201
- (803) 737-2043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of 2014, there are two prequalification application forms. One is the Long Form and the second is the Short Form.
New Procedure introduced in January 2023
Are you a First-Time Prime Contractor or a Prime Contractor with an expired status?
- You must use the Long Form
- Thereafter, your expiration date and required form will be indicated in the New Schedule
Only need to renew your status?
- Fill out the Short Form annually to keep prequalification status.
The Expiration Dates in the New Schedule will also apply to Joint Ventures.
Annual Subcontractors List
Using the link below, please provide the requested information for subcontractors that have furnished quotes to your Company for subcontract work ON SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS during the past 12 months. List all subcontractors that have furnished quotes even if your Company was not successful in obtaining the Contract. A subcontractor that has quoted multiple times need only be listed once.
Policies & Procedures for Prequalification
- Policies & Procedures for Prime Contractor Prequalification
- Policies & Procedures for Prequalification of Joint Ventures
S.C. Code of Laws, Section 57-5-1650, allows the Department to establish requirements for prequalification of contractors bidding on SCDOT maintenance and construction contracts including joint venture contractors.
Policies & Procedures for Contractor Performance Evaluation (CPE)
CPE Policies & Procedures
The S.C. Code of Regulation R63-307 allows the Department to establish a system to evaluate the performance of Contractors on SCDOT construction projects. The link provided above is to a document that explains the policies and procedures of the system the Department has established for that purpose.