File A Damage Claim
SCDOT is dedicated to quickly and fairly resolving claims for damages that occur on state-maintained roads due to a road defect or other condition pursuant to the SC Tort Claims Act.
Before you start make sure you take the following steps:
Do I have an Eligible Claim?
- Damage occurred on a SCDOT road Check location in Street Finder
- SCDOT must have known about the condition or defect before damage occurred
- SCDOT did not correct the condition in a reasonable time
Requirements to Submit a Claim
- SCDOT Damage Claim Form
- 2 repair estimates or a paid invoice
- Vehicle Registration
- Photos of damage - *optional
OR via mail to:
- ATTN: Customer Service Center
- 955 Park Street
- Columbia, SC 29201
An individual has one year from date of occurrence to file a damage claim.
Contact our Customer Service Center toll free at 855-GO-SCDOT (855-467-2368) or 803-737-1200 or by email.